The UK Chamber of Shipping has a long track record of success on behalf of its members and the wider shipping sector. Recent achievements include:
- an increase in the Support for Maritime Training funding scheme to £15m for the lifetime of the current Parliament
- receiving clear written confirmation of the coalition Government’s commitment to tonnage tax under its original interpretation
- securing the decriminalisation of the exceptional use of private armed guards on UK flag ships.
For more information on becoming a UK Chamber member, please contact John Dowden.
Our new members-only area of the website has now been launched! Its features include:
- personalised content and alerts – full members can choose which groups they would like to receive updates from and can then view the latest papers and upcoming events according to their preferences
- a document library and archive, searchable by keyword, date or committee
- A new members’ blog, serving as a platform to share interesting information and issues – with the ability to leave comments and start a dialogue
- A list of all members and a list of members by service category
Members can visit https://www.ukchamberofshipping.com/members to log in.